Gas Valve Train MkVI
The 2. generation ME-GI system is in development. For that purpose, Eltronic FuelTech has developed the Gas Valve Train MkIV.
The GVT MkIV is being developed according to MAN Energy Solutions requirements. The design will be updated according to the 2. generation ME-GI system. The system has been designed with cost- and easier maintenance improvements in mind. This results in some changes to the GVT as well. For example, the nitrogen block has been removed and a engine blow-off valve has been added to the GVT MkIV instead.
The GVT is controlled by the engine control system and is a part of the following overall functionalities:
• Supply gas to the 2-stroke ME-GI engine
• Slow pressure build-up and supply for engine
• Stop gas supply to engine by double block and bleed valve arrangement in gas supply line
• Redundant blow-off valves to release the engine gas pressure, when entering blow-off sequence state on the engine side of the GVT
• Non-permanent connection for purging of safety filter and purging of the gas system upstream the GVT
• Pressure test function for ME-GI functions
• Pressure and temperature monitoring functions